Dr. Matthew Pollard is thrilled to be joining the Associated Urologists of Nashville and the Nashville community. Born in Texas, he was raised in West Virginia and Wyoming before moving to California to earn his B.S. in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Studies at the University of Southern California. He relocated across the country to New York City to study medicine at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and graduated with Distinction in Research. He became interested in urology working alongside a reconstructive urologist, amazed at the life changing outcomes of urologic surgery.
Dr. Pollard moved back to Los Angeles for his urology residency at the University of California, Los Angeles. He spent an additional year completing a fellowship in Male Reproductive Medicine and Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, becoming an expert in male infertility, microsurgery, and all aspects of men’s sexual and physical health. Dr. Pollard spends his free time outdoors, traveling the world, working out, cooking, and listening to live music.
Education and Training
- B.S. - University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA. Magna Cum Laude.
- M.D. - Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. Alpha Omega Alpha.
- General Surgery Internship - UCLA Department of Surgery, Los Angeles, CA.
- Urology Residency - UCLA Department of Urology, Los Angeles, CA.
- Fellowship - Male Reproductive Medicine and Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX.
- Male Reproductive Health and Fertility Management
- Men’s Sexual Health and Andrology
- Hormonal Management
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Peyronie’s Disease
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Enlarged Prostate and BPH Symptom Management
- Kidney Stone Management, Surgery, and Prevention
- Comprehensive and Longitudinal Urologic Care